Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
An Intern Pharmacist performs the duties of a registered Pharmacist while working under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist in the fulfillment of his/her practical experience requirements.
- Must be able to perform the typical duties of a Pharmacist such as manufacturing, dispensing, maintaining control of drugs and pharmaceuticals supplies, and performing other related work as required.
- May substitute for absent pharmacy personnel as necessary.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Pharm.D. or BS in Pharmacy or equivalent degree or attending accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Intern Pharmacist License (California)
- Knowledgeable of state and federal laws pertaining to dispensing drugs, narcotics, and poisons.
- Knowledgeable of modern pharmacology, compounding prescriptions, drugs, chemicals, and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff and health care team required.
- Must demonstrate caring attitude towards patients and customers and be able to interact effectively in a courteous manner.
- Must be able to participate effectively in courtesy programs. Effective participation and contribution in all aspects of HMO Pharmaceutical service.
- Must be willing and capable of preparing chemotherapy drugs using approved procedures.
- Must have demonstrated record of attendance and punctuality per department needs.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Recent Prescription Pharmacy experience required with previous hospital inpatient pharmacy experience or training preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.