Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Physical Therapy Assistant II - Grade 625Location: Santa Rosa, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 831490 Date posted: 11/04/2019
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and hot and cold packs. Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain. Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs. Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as preambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist. Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations. Orients new Physical Therapist Assistants and directs and gives instructions to Physical Therapy Aides, Physical Therapist Assistants, and Physical Therapist Students.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms. This job motivates and provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline. Consistently supports the precepts of Corporate Compliance and Principles of Responsibility by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies and procedures.
- Minimum of (2) years or more experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Certification in the State of California.
- Ability to perform routine and complex therapy as determined by the Employer, working under the supervision of a California Licensed Physical therapist.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.