Service Unit Assistant Department Manager RN - Oncology & Infusion, Santa Rosa
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Collaborates with physician team leader, department chief, and nursing manager in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations. Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development. Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of nursing experience.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• Current California RN license required.
• BLS certification required.
• Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Previous nursing experience in outpatient care.
• Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Oncology experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.