Administration, Clerical & Support
Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
Administrative Specialist C - Full-time Day Shift (Seattle, WA)Location: Seattle, WA Job Number: 847428 Date posted: 09/18/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- PROFICIENT UNDERSTANDING OF HOW HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS WORK AND MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- EXPERIENCE COORDINATING PATIENT CARE IN A MEDICAL CENTER OR CLINIC SETTING
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIAL OR CERTIFICATION
- COMFORTABLE COMMUNICATING WITH PATIENTS, FAMILIES AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAMS INCLUDING PHYSICIANS, NURSE PRACTITIONERS, NURSES, SOCIAL WORKERS, COMPLEX CASE MANAGERS AND OTHERS.
- STRONG, ETHICS, INTEGRITY AND FOLLOW THROUGH
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- INNOVATIVE AND PATIENT CENTERED MINDSET AND WILLINGNESS TO CHANGE QUICKLY TO IMPROVE PATIENT CARE
- Manages calendars, arranges appointments, meetings anticipating organizational and leadership priorities. Plans travel itineraries. May direct others in doing some aspects of this work. May answer telephone inquiries, takes and relays messages and greets visitors but usually directs others doing this work. Screens telephone calls/visitors, refers to appropriate staff member. Explains Departmental, Division and KFHPW policies and procedures in response to inquiries. May provide information to top level management and external customers or stakeholders in a manner that requires in depth knowledge and understanding.
- Plans, coordinates and implements space and equipment changes for a large Department or Division. May operate a variety of office equipment. May place orders for supplies and office equipment. May be responsible for basic computer and software planning, instruction and implementation for a broad range of staff. Establishes/maintains complex departmental filing systems including confidential departmental files and records.Directs others in sorting and routing department mail. Reviews/screens manager's mail, researches issues and provides recommendations.
- Uses a variety of word processing software to type letters, reports and presentation materials. Composes significant amounts of correspondence on own initiative without supervisor's review. May include confidential information. Performs desktop publishing on a more routine basis. Proofreads documents for typographical, spelling and content errors. Maintains established databases, generates routine reports from such data. May create more complex spreadsheets/graphs using departmental and KFHPW information.
- Tracks/monitors budgets, posts data to ledgers. Reconciles invoices and resolves discrepancies. Collects data with limited or no direction, formats ad hoc reports. Completes full quality/accuracy review of data and analyzes data and formulates conclusions or recommendations beyond variance reporting.
- Supervises staff on a regular, on-going basis with hire, fire, training and performance management responsibility and authority. Coordinates and organizes projects, most without direction, schedules complex meetings and prepares materials such as agendas, timelines, reports and presentations. Develops timelines, prepares work plans and sets agendas sometimes without review. Takes minutes, finalizes and distributes minutes without review.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!