Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Bilingual Research Interviewer - Temporary (KPWHRI) Seattle, WALocation: Seattle, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 837618 Date posted: 10/14/2019
JOIN THE SURVEY
RESEARCH INTERVIEWER TEAM AT KPWHRI! WE WORK IN DOWNTOWN SEATTLE, AT THE EDGE
OF CAPITOL HILL AND SOUTH LAKE UNION. OUR WEEKLY WORK SCHEDULE IS VARIABLE,
WITH WEEKDAY MORNING, AFTERNOON AND EVENING SHIFTS AVAILABLE. INTERVIEWERS WILL
ALSO WORK AT LEAST 4 HALF-DAY WEEKEND SHIFTS PER MONTH.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES
FLUENCY IN SPEAKING, READING AND WRITING IN BOTH ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE
STRONG CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PHONE COMMUNICATION EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING POSITIVE
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AS WELL AS A CLEAR SPEAKING VOICE AND ACTIVE LISTENING
ABILITIES. ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND ABILITY TO FOLLOW STUDY-SPECIFIC PROTOCOLS
ARE ESSENTIAL. IN ADDITION TO CONDUCTING RESEARCH INTERVIEWS, STAFF WILL
PERFORM A VARIETY OF OFFICE TASKS INCLUDING TYPING AND 10-KEY, MAIL ASSEMBLY,
SCANNING, DATA ENTRY, AND VERIFICATION. COMPUTER PROFICIENCY AND INTEREST
IN/ABILITY TO DEVELOP NEW SKILLS WILL HELP ENSURE SUCCESS. EXCELLENT ATTENDANCE
Conduct survey research interviews via telephone on various research projects. Record responses using Computer Assisted Interviewing Program (CATI) on Computer Assisted Survey Execution System (CASES) following specific project-driven protocols and procedures.
- Administers survey research interviews. Contact study subjects according to specific study protocols. Gain cooperation of the respondent. Administer interviews following scripts and instruments using approved interviewing techniques and protocols. Accurately and completely records interview responses on CATI system using CASES software. Pilot test interview instruments in development and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Obtain updated address/phone information. Follow project-specific protocol using directory assistance, M&B data, chart requests and subject provided contracts, directories or other sources.
- Perform general study related activities. Identify study problems. Perform related clerical tasks. Attend CHS staff meetings if indicated. Attend interviewer staff meetings and project trainings. Attend internal trainings as needed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience doing public contact via telephone.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills including MS Word; Typing 50 WPM; 10 key.
- One (1) year of interviewing experience using CATI and CASES.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.