Clinical Improvement and Prevention Specialist RN - Population Management Capitol Hill -Seattle or Spokane WA
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position exists to provide expert consultation and leadership to the Care Delivery system regarding the implementation of clinical improvement/population based strategies, tactics and tools to support improvement in the clinical treatment and prevention outcomes critical to the strategic quality goals for the organization. This position leads specific clinical quality improvement efforts including co-leading with medical partners population teams such as those focused on immunizations, asthma, well care, and other population specific improvement teams. This position provides training and to all Delivery system teams in the use of population based tools, use of reporting methods, analysis of information and the application of these to clinical workflows and nursing practice.
- Leads clinical improvement projects across the Care Delivery system. Identifies, develops and implements strategies to achieve, monitor and improve population based outcomes. In partnership with Medical staff, may lead or co-lead development, design and the implementation of population based improvement teams such as the immunization, well care prevention teams, asthma or other population efforts of clinical priority.
- Provides expert consultation, coaching and training to operational leaders, medical staff and front line staff in the application of clinical knowledge, measures and tools used to improve population outcomes. Serves as clinical content expert in the design, development and application of clinical improvement tools in collaboration with other departments (e.g., CDIT, Business Intelligence, Care Delivery operations). Assures the use of reliable processes to ensure clinical tools are updated and reflect current measures and practice guidelines.
- Conducts data analysis, literature and best practice reviews and identifies opportunities to apply learning for improvement in clinical practice to achieve improved population outcomes through a variety of mechanisms. Affects change through expert consultation and key partnerships with medical staff, operational leaders, colleagues and teams. Integrates the use of reliability and lean process improvement tools to facilitate adoption of clinical quality improvement work within the Care Delivery System.
- May assist in interviewing and provide some supervision to other members of the clinical improvement and prevention teams.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a health care setting including ambulatory care.
- Masters degree in a health related field (e.g., nursing, public health, health administration).
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Experience working in and leading quality improvement work.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, critical thinking, analytical skills.
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodology, project management, and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical performance data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of EMR.
- Prior experience in nursing management.
- Knowledge of lean principles and application to the clinical environment.
Spokane Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon - Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-WA-04|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Adult / Family / Internal Med Department: Central Campus West - Population Management - 1130 Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.