Coordinator Research Administration
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Independently supports the unit, division, or program by performing routine administrative duties, including submitting standard requisitions and financial paperwork, executing administrative projects, performing administrative and analytic tasks to support oversight of the budget, supporting meetings and events, developing and maintaining standard operating procedures to support administrative activities, such as annual review or funder reporting processes.
- Implements established administrative processes efficiently. Takes responsibility to troubleshoot issues and updates processes as necessary.
- With guidance, creates and, once established, owns work plans and timelines for administrative projects. Tracks administrative work through all stages of a process and confirms final resolution.
- Proposes process improvements.
- Monitors and prepares routine financial and operational reports, reconciles and provides ongoing monthly reports. Completes other data analysis project as assigned.
- Maintains operational documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of specialized technology/software to support the unit, division or program.
- Understands goals of the team and able to proactively anticipate administrative needs in support of those goals.
- Functions as a liaison with counterparts in KP and external collaborators. Communicates clearly and effectively to accomplish the goals of the program.
- Prioritizes requests that require leadership attention in a timely manner.
- Exercises discretion and tact.
- Provides meeting support including scheduling, agenda setting, meeting notes, tech support and on-site logistics coordination.
- Supports special projects, workgroups, hiring committees and special events as assigned. May provide back up administrative support and participate in direct research activities.
- Participates in unit activities and provides insights and best practices based on experience with most complex and confidential projects.
- Minimum six (6) years of administrative experience in health care, research, or academia, at the executive or department level. Relevant paid intern experience may be considered towards the experience requirement.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Work experience that includes managing a complex workload with increasing responsibilities and leadership.
- Experience in office management, project management, program/administrative coordinator, or executive assistant.
- Ability to assist with analytical tasks and to prepare reports.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills, with ability to relate to diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs and other standard business programs (such as Adobe) and virtual collaboration platforms
- Intermediate knowledge of best practices and tools to support work across diverse customer requirements and communication mechanisms.
- Intermediate experience with financial platforms and accounting principles.
- Intermediate initiative and analytical ability to research and prepare reports using a variety of software and spreadsheet applications.
- Eight (8) years of experience with executive level administrative in health care, research, or academia, at the executive or department level.
- Associates degree.