Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Masters Level TherapistLocation: Seattle, WA Job Number: 968497 Date posted: 06/10/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide emergency and routine mental health psychotherapy services to consumers, including assessment and treatment. Provide clinical consultation within and outside the Behavioral Health Services Clinic. May participate in the training and clinical supervision of psychotherapy interns.
- Assess clinical needs of consumers calling in crisis, determine appropriate crisis intervention, and provide consultation and referral as necessary. Able to conduct psychosocial assessment, Mental Status Exam, identify chemical dependency and other special / high-risk issues. Utilizing clinical assessment information, formulate a 5 axis DSM IV diagnosis. Assess client needs and issues for focus, determine appropriate level of care, provide consultation / referral, coordinate care between providers and coordination of treatment planning.
- Work with client to develop realistic, measurable treatment goals with clear outcomes. Document all contacts utilizing clear, concise written communications, adhering to KFHPW and BHS Clinical Documentation Standards. Demonstrated proficiency in brief treatment models, family, couple and group therapy models, as well as treatment models appropriate to specialized populations, as may be required. Selects appropriate interventions to match clinical needs. Maintains appropriate therapeutic.
- Manage own caseload and work schedule to maintain a balance of professional standards of practice, quality patient care and the needs of the Behavioral Health Services Clinic. Aware of demand for services and manage caseload to meet access requirements. See clients within response times established as department standards and organize workload in accordance with department priorities. Meet departmental productivity standards.
- Maintain ethical professional and amiable working relationships with KFHPW staff. Demonstrate respect, dependability, flexibility, initiative and followthrough in dealings with clients and colleagues. Work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effectively utilize all KFHPW on-line clinical and administrative systems.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent, continuous experience as a psychotherapist. Exceptions to experience and certification criteria granted at the discretion of the Behavioral Health Service Delivery System Chief, or his designee.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Masters degree in a behavioral science.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Washington) required at hire OR Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Washington) required at hire OR Mental Health Counselor License (Washington) required at hire
- Proficiency in treatment models appropriate to specialized population.
- Ability to assess special or high risk situations.
- Experience in a managed care setting.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.