Post-Award Grants & Accounting Senior Manager
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Research Institute, a public interest organization embedded in one of the nation’s premiere integrated health systems. This Washington State-based position will collaborate with leading health scientists and administrative personnel to provide administrative management and direction for research that aims to improve the health, well-being, and health equity for our Kaiser Permanente members and all communities through collaborative research and evaluation. We’re looking for a dedicated and innovative leader who is excited to join a workforce that values diversity and working with people from a broad range of backgrounds. Essential responsibilities include strong management and leadership, communication and collaboration, regulatory compliance, and developing efficient systems.
- Provides leadership and operational direction for the post-award team and the Research Systems Process Analyst.
- Develops unit goals and operational plans that are aligned with the missions and business goals of KFRI, KPWA, and KPWHRI.
- Integrates the operations of the unit with the overall mission and scientific agenda of KPWHRI.
- Participates in Operational Leadership Team meetings.
- Actively engages in problem solving and decision-making for GCA issues.
- Supports KPWHRI's mission and promotes KP values as well as fosters effective communication and problem solving.
- Identifies issues and makes solution-based recommendations.
- Plays an active leadership role within GCA , FRA, and the Institute, by participating in various workgroups, committees, and process improvement initiatives.
- Promotes best practices across GCA, FRA, KPWA, and KFRI.
- Performs ad-hoc work and/or provides emergency coverage for post-award and finance staff.
- Builds consensus and motivates others.
- Provides day-to-day management and supervision of post-award staff and the Research Systems Process Analyst.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and coaching staff within GCA.
- Provides direction for ongoing professional development, expertise, and skill building for the unit's staff.
- Manages post-award resources in terms of FTE and required skills by hiring appropriate staff.
- Oversees grant and contract management, project closeouts, monthly billing, and accounts receivable management.
- Monitors and submits Federal Financial Reports, and Final Invention Statements for KPWA and KFRI awards.
- Participates in internal and external financial and non-financial audits.
- Reviews and approves core expenditures, and FFATA reports.
- Provides support to the Director of Finance and Post-Award, and the Director of Grants, Systems & Services, as needed.
- Monitors and ensures grant and contract management, billing, and closeouts are compliant and consistent with applicable federal, state, local regulations, as well as KP and KPWA policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with KFRI and KPWA Accounting as necessary for completion of the Uniform Guidance audit.
- Oversees documentation of cost allocation questions and solutions to ensure policies and procedures are consistently interpreted.
- Develops and implements procedures and guidance for post-award, billing, and invoicing work.
- Maintains effective working relationship with KPWA personnel, KFRI departments, and with KPWHRI faculty, project managers, and other staff.
- Collaborates with KFRI, KPWA, and other KP regions to resolve issues that impact post-award management and billing.
- Serves as a resource to principal investigators, project managers, and other staff within GCA in post-award management.
- Meets regularly with representatives from KFRI to ensure that processes are in place and working as intended.
- Participates in various financial and non-financial workgroups with other KP regions.
- Applies Lean methods to improve or develop new processes in response to new regulations or the implementation of new systems.
- Directs post-award team efforts on an ongoing basis to develop and improve business processes using Lean improvement methodology.
- Works cross-functionally to support process improvement initiatives.
- Encourages staff to implement Lean methodology into their daily work.