Post Award Research Administrator II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Acts as the point of contact for all financial matters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and approves internal and external expenditures to ensure timely, appropriate spending.
- Coordinates with project team, billing, and grant staff to ensure grantor invoice and close-out requirements are upheld.
- Evaluates budgets for correct calculations in collaboration with project managers.
- Produces reports to manage accounts, forecasting, compliance, and for internal/external audits.
- Facilitates ongoing meetings with each PI in the individual's portfolio to keep project teams apprised of changes in award subcontract and invoicing statuses, as well as helping project teams with resolutions to various compliance issues on project matters.
- Gathers documentation necessary for the setup of projects so the Post Award Research Administrator I can enter them into the financial system.
- Prepares, requests, reviews, and approves materials for contracts with external parties.
- Reviews subrecipient expenditure and encumbrance reports to ensure billing occurs in a timely manner and unused funds are released from restriction.
- Monitors a monthly milestone billing report and works with billing specialists to execute billing or with a Post Award Research Administrator I to provide updates to milestones.
- Participates in department meetings on cost allocation and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to internal, federal, or agency requirements and provides appropriate guidance to the project team.
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation, including audit materials.
- Identifies budget variances and independently implements corrective measures when necessary.
- Monitors and oversees compliance with prior approval requirements and standard expense approval.
- Ensures the flow-down of award regulations to subawardees and ensures their compliance.
- Problem-solves expense allocation issues and advises project teams on allowability of expenditures.
- Researches complex issues and documents resolutions.
- Trains and mentors project teams in grant and contract administration, cost allocation, and compliance issues.
- Effectively communicates with study personnel, collaborating institutions, and other stakeholders, to proactively problem solve and strategize compliance concerns.
- Continuously identifies and implements process improvements and best practices, and then shares them with KPWHRI staff and leaders.
- Develops and maintains collaboration tools for internal and cross-departmental content and data sharing.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and develops appropriate content for them.
- Mentors other Research Administrators.
- Participates in hiring interviews and provides feedback to the department manager on candidates' skill level.
- Collaborates with Post Award Research Administrators on financial system project creation and maintenance.
- Serves as an active member of KPWHRI and FRA by participating in various workgroups and committees.
- Participates in team efforts on an ongoing basis to improve business processes using Kaiser Permanente's lean improvement methodology.
- Adheres to standard work and manages a portfolio using established best practices.
- Actively participates in Post-Award monthly management systems and dashboard data preparation and leads or assists other staff with making corrections or devising improvements.