Pre-Award Research Administrator II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
THE KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON HEALTH RESEARCH INSTITUTE (KPWHRI) IS SEEKING A PRE-AWARD RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR II TO JOIN OUR DIVERSE AND FAST PACED FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION TEAM. IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE STRICT ATTENTION TO DETAIL, BE ABLE TO TAKE DIRECTION FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES, ABLE TO MULTI-TASK WITHOUT ERRORS, HAVE FAMILIARITY WITH THE GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NIH AND OTHER FUNDING AGENCIES, AND MUST WORK WELL WITH OTHERS UNDER TIGHT DEADLINES. APPLICANTS WHO REPRESENT THE BROAD RANGE OF DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCES IN OUR COMMUNITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Leads application/proposal preparation process and submission activities to ensure all deadlines, requirements and approvals are met.
- Counsels project scientific faculty and project teams on agency policies and regulatory issues.
- Develops and maintains accurate budget and budget justification documents that are in compliance with both funder and institutional polices, as well as any requirements by Prime applicants when we are a subawardee.
- Communicates requirements and deadlines to subawardee grant staff.
- Uses appropriate information and resources and solicits diverse input from others to make informed decisions.
- Tracks progress of subawardee budgets and documentation to ensure timely receipt of materials
- Identifies and resolves potential conflicts between funder and institutional policies and regulations.
- Provides Quality Assurance reviews of budget and justification documents for other team member's projects to ensure accuracy.
- Responds to Just-In-Time requests from funders with appropriate materials:
- Develops accurate Other Support information and collects human subjects training certification.
- Facilitates response to funder's request for reductions to budgets or changes in scope of work prior to award.
- Reviews incoming Notices of Award for accuracy and special terms and conditions.
- Reviews incoming subaward agreements for accuracy and special terms and conditions.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to RA-I's.
- Provide ongoing support, tracking and review of complex projects in collaboration with appropriate team members
- Prepare Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR)s for funded projects.
- Develop future year budgets in collaboration with the research team to address any budget modifications or reductions.
- Communicate with subawardees to coordinate and gather budgets, OS and other required documents.
- Track receipt of documents, check for accuracy and ensure timelines are met.
- Gather all required documentation and enter into eRA Commons.
- Prepare Final RPPRs for completed projects.
- Respond to questions from faculty and project staff about deadlines, funder/sponsoring agency rules and regulations, allowable costs.
- Train and mentor fellow research administrators and other research staff in grant and contract proposal and budget development.
- Provide leadership and communication with study personnel, post-award administration, finance and collaborating institutions, to proactively resolve issues or concerns during contracting, project start-up or once the project has become active.
- Actively monitor funders for new policies or procedures and advise study teams on changes or impacts to ongoing projects.
- Mentors RA-Is and newly hired RA-IIs on internal policies, procedures and processes.
- Participates in new hire candidate interviews and provide feedback to the team and team manager.
- Participate in Open Session interviews of senior leadership to ensure Pre-Award concerns are represented.
- Acts with integrity and consistently delivers as promised.
- Shares knowledge and feedback, contributing to the learning of others.
- Helps others to achieve shared objectives and works with others to provide the best of KP to customers and stakeholders.
- Consistently provides equitable, superior and culturally appropriate service to each other, the Institute and KP members and stakeholders.
- Serve as an active member of KPWHRI, FRA, and Grants and Contracts Administration (GCA) by participating in various workgroups and committees.
- Commits to and achieves sustained, effective change by seeking out diverse perspectives.
- Participate in team efforts on an ongoing basis to improve business processes using Kaiser Permanente's lean improvement methodology.
- Adhere to standard work practices and established norms.
- Continuously evaluate standard practices for process improvement/streamlining opportunities.
- Participate in Pre-Award, GCA and FRA continuous improvement meetings, activities and committees.