Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Research Interventionist Nurse- Temporary, Capitol Hill/ NorthgateLocation: Seattle, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 825155 Date posted: 09/09/2019
WOULD YOU LIKE TO FILL AN IMPORTANT ROLE ON A CDC RESEARCH STUDY
(FLUVE2) TO SEE HOW WELL THE FLU VACCINE WORKS? THIS POSITION LASTS ABOUT 4
MONTHS DURING FLU SEASON AND ENROLLS PATIENTS WITH RESPIRATORY ILLNESS. WE ARE
HIRING FOR MULTIPLE KAISER PERMANENTE WASHINGTON CLINICS.
THIS POSTING IS FOR LPNS OR RNS TO WORK IN SEATTLE AT EITHER CAPITOL
HILL OR NORTHGATE. FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME HOURS AVAILABLE (SEE OUR OTHER
POSTINGS TO APPLY FOR CLINICS NORTH OF SEATTLE AND SOUTH OF SEATTLE/OLYMPIA).
THE RESEARCH NURSE WILL REVIEW EPIC SCHEDULES, SCREEN, CONSENT,
ADMINISTER A QUESTIONNAIRE AND PERFORM NOSE AND THROAT SWABS ON PARTICIPANTS.
THE POSITION WILL TRAIN IN SEATTLE.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SELF-MOTIVATED AND ENJOYS A FAST-PACED
ENVIRONMENT. REQUIRES EXTREME ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND ABILITY TO WORK WELL
INDEPENDENTLY AND AS A PART OF A TEAM. EXPERIENCE RECRUITING PARTICIPANTS IN A
CLINICAL SETTING IS A PLUS.
- Performs clinical evaluation/intervention/measurements requiring professional clinical knowledge/education/training. Utilizes clinical knowledge and skills to evaluate participant responses and make subsequent decisions around patient safety and participation issues.
- Provides professional expertise in day-to-day coordination of research activities. Develops project intervention plans and tools, data collection instruments, manual of operations, trains new employees, prepares reports, etc. Plans, implements and monitors participant safety and data quality control measures.
- Evaluates responses of participants and makes independent clinical judgments regarding responses to clinical intervention
- Participates as part of the research project team, attends project meetings, and identifies problems and proposes solutions.
- May perform medical record review requiring professional clinical background/education/ experience for correct interpretation and data collection.
- May perform telephone interviews, in-person interviews or physical assessments requiring professional clinical background/education.
- Certifications, licenses, or degrees as determined by the needs of the research projects, such as, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, certified mental health therapist/specialist, MSW, pharmacist, physical therapist, certified health education specialist, clinical psychologist, acupuncturist.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.