Research Specialist I (KPWHRI)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Recruitment/Data Collection Activities: a) Performs complex recruitment and/or data collection activities requiring specialized skills, education, or experience (e.g., medical record reviews, interviews, mailed questionnaires, physical measurements, and quality assurance). b) Interacts and communicates with study participants effectively, responding to questions and referring to other staff as appropriate (e.g., when specified in written protocols or when question is outside of Research Specialist I scope).
- Administration Communication a) May provide administrative support for the research study, including ordering supplies, scheduling/coordinating meetings, filing, copying, etc. b) Participates as part of the research team by attending meetings, recording minutes, identifying and communicating problems, and proposing solutions.
- Systems/Tracking - Development Maintenance a) Assists in developing and/or maintaining written study materials, protocols, and documentation. b) Maintains and may develop computer files, databases and/or computer tracking systems for project documentation, monitoring, data collection, and data quality. c) Provides data reports.
- Training/Oversight/Mentoring a) May provide training and orientation to staff performing data collection or project support activities.
- Minimum one (1) year of working with relevant computer software. Intern or volunteer experience may be considered
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic knowledge of research methodology and data collection modalities relevant to the project, e.g. medical record review, interviewing, participant assessment, recruitment and retention.
- Depending on project, may require specific experience with data collection modalities.
- Relevant computer proficiency.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- One (1) year of experience in health research.
- Associates degree in health sciences or health-related discipline.
- Intermediate or demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and data collection modalities relevant to the project (e.g. medical record review, interviewing, participant assessment, recruitment and retention).
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.