Research Specialist II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Recruitment/Data Collection Activities: a) Independently performs (and may oversee) complex recruitment and/or data collection activities requiring specialized skills, education, or experience (e.g., medical record reviews, interviews, mailed questionnaires, physical measurements, and quality assurance). b) Interacts and communicates with study participants effectively, responding to their questions, including more difficult issues escalated by other study staff (e.g., when specified by written protocols or when the issue needs interpretation). c) May be expected to make impromptu judgment calls about sensitive situations or protocols when working unsupervised (e.g., after hours in clinic, or when supervisor is unavailable).
- Systems/Tracking - Development & Maintenance a) With appropriate guidance, develops and/or maintains written study materials, protocols, and documentation. Develops components of study procedures (e.g., recruitment strategies). b) Develops and maintains computer files, databases, and/or computer tracking systems for project documentation, monitoring, data collection, and data quality. c) Provides data reports and identifies data quality issues.
- Training/Oversight/Mentoring a) May provide functional oversight and training of Research Specialist Is and other study staff (e.g., Research Interventionists).
- Administration & Communication a) May provide administrative support for the research study, including ordering supplies, scheduling/coordinating meetings, filing, copying, etc. b) Participates as part of the research team by attending meetings, recording minutes, identifying and communicating problems, and proposing solutions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in health care or health research. If candidate has bachelors degree or higher, will accept one (1) year experience working in health care or health research. Relevant paid intern or volunteer experience may be considered towards the experience requirement.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Intermediate or demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and data collection modalities relevant to the project (e.g. medical record review, interviewing, participant assessment, recruitment and retention).
- Relevant computer proficiency.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Six (6) years of experience working in health care or health research with progressively increasing responsibilities or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Prior supervisory experience as required by project.
- Bachelors degree in health sciences or health-related discipline.
- Advanced and applied knowledge of research methodology and data collection modalities relevant to the project, e.g. medical record review, interviewing, participant assessment, recruitment and retention.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.