Respiratory Care Practitioner, Per Diem - Seattle
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides skilled respiratory care and diagnostic services to in-patients, urgent care and clinic patients. Assists physicians in determining appropriate respiratory care modalities to achieve desired response. Supports patient care, customer service, and quality initiatives as integral part of multidisciplinary team in Urgent Care. Responds to urgent and emergency situations and provides appropriate respiratory support as needed.
- Provides respiratory assessments, treatments, and modalities per protocol and as prescribed; assists physicians in determining appropriate respiratory modalities to achieve optimal outcomes
- Supports patient care and customer service in Urgent Care by performing EKGs, blood draws, transporting patients, and participating in patient safety rounds and huddles; peforms other duties as delegated by charge RN or physician
- Communicates effectively to achieve optimal safety and quality outcomes; documents all assessments, interventions, and effectiveness of treatments; supports quality improvement initiatives, collects data, and gives input regarding respiratory supplies and equipment
- Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team; responds timely and appropriately to urgent/emergent situations to provide respiratory care and support
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a respiratory care practioner (respiratory therapy) working and performing all acute care modalities.
- Graduate of one or two-year respiratory therapy program or equivalent experience/education.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License (Washington) required at hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate required at hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Experience with respiratory care modalities in acute care setting.
- Capable of working independently.
- NRP Certification - Central Employees only.
- Two (2) years of experience as respiratory care practioner (respiratory rherapy) working in and performing acute care modalities.
- Experience with all acute respiratory care modalities, including ventilators, arterial blood gas analysis, and emergency respiratory procedures.
- Graduate of a four-year respiratory therapy program.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest