RN Interventional Radiology Capitol Hill
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Using the nursing process, provides ongoing assessment of the nursing care needs of a defined group of patients. Uses nursing diagnosis to describe this assessment.
- Develops a written plan of care for patient care needs. Assists patients and families/significant others in developing health care goals which are part of the individualized plan of care.
- Determines priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
- Provides nursing interventions safely and competently.
- Provides the patient and family/significant others with information preceding interventions.
- Provides telephone consultation to patients and family/significant others Provides ongoing evaluation of the patients response to care.
- Anticipates and recognizes changes in the patients status and need for nursing care.
- Modifies the individual plan of care in collaboration with the health care team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and psychological effects of normal aging by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to meet the needs of those populations served.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific age populations served.
- Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational programs related to those age-specific patient populations served (Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Geriatric).
- Collaborates, communicates and coordinates with other health care team members in planning and implementing care. Assesses the needs of designated patients requiring hospitalization; initiates nursing admission database and discharge planning in collaboration with inpatient staff and physician.
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with other team members in order to accomplish the workload.
- Communicates recognition of the patients and family/significant others psychosocial, cultural and emotional needs in each nurse-patient interaction.
- Orients patients and family/significant others to the role of the professional nurse and other health care team members, the nursing services available, and the means of access to those services. Reinforces orientation to the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Identifies the patients educational needs as part of the nursing assessment.
- Develops an educational component for each nursing care plan. Provides teaching/counseling congruent with patients and family/significant others learning needs and the medical plan of care.
- Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical regimens. Teaching is based on scientific and behavioral knowledge.
- Assesses patient lifestyle risk factors. Integrates health promotion and preventive aspects of care with the ongoing assessment of nursing care needs. Works with patient to develop a plan to improve general health status. Implements physical and psychological preventive measures.
- Promotes patient self-care responsibility for meeting their own health needs. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards.
- Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control standards and guidelines, including the guidelines for reporting communicable diseases.
- Identifies own learning needs and participates in continued education programs to meet those needs. Participates in staff orientation and student education activities.
- Collaborates with managers in completing the process for self and colleague/team performance reviews.
- Assures quality of care through development, implementation and evaluation of professional nursing standards and participation in multidisciplinary quality assurance activities.
- Participates in professional activities. Participates in nursing research and incorporates research findings into nursing practice. Adheres to KFHPW personnel policies and maintains a high standard of professional work habits. Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.
- Primary Care - Act as clinical resource for team member-review/anticipate patient needs, plan with the team & intervene when necessary.
- Participate in daily huddle, help solve unusual challenges. Identify high-risk patients using established criteria, coordinate multi-disciplinary team & resources to support patient care needs, provide care coordination/management for chronic medically complex or fragile patients. Incorporate prevention: address patient care need "gaps" into every visit; act as patient advocate.
- Assess, anticipate & accommodate for age-specific needs (all ages, pediatric, geriatric, etc.), anticipate & accommodate patient disabilities & limitation, access resources for interpretive services.
- Medical Specialties - Allergy, Cardiology, Oncology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Diabetes Care, Consultative Internal Medicine, Urology, Endocrinology & more. Work with populations of patients to coordinate, manage, & evaluate care. Coordinate multi-disciplinary team resources to support care of complex patients. Perform complex nursing procedures such as: chemotherapy administration, pulmonary rehab, anticoagulation management pre/post procedures, nursing procedures requiring concurrent assessment of patients & clinical judgment for change in therapy.
- Surgical Services - General Surgery, ENT, Womens Health, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Procedures, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics & more. Patient/Family teaching & counseling for select complex procedures or high risk patients to enhance surgical outcomes & self-management pre- & postoperatively.
- Perform complex nursing procedures such as wound care, administer IV medications, and specialty specific procedures that require concurrent assessment of patient.
- Perioperative Services/Operating Room: provide nursing care of patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. Work collaboratively to develop, coordinate, & implement a plan of care that is patient & outcome focuses.
- Urgent Care - Use your ICU/ER background to take care of patients ranging from acute MI, sepsis, cardiac arrhythmias, & all other urgent & critical conditions. Work in close relationship with a team of MDs, Advanced Practice Providers with the support of a Social Worker.
- Other - The Consulting Nurse Service provides high quality, consistent telephonic nursing advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including triage for acute & chronic care needs, care coordination & home care advice. Acute Care/Hospital Services: Assess, evaluate & perform tasks & duties to provide safe & quality care to medical, surgical & telemetry patients working with other disciplines such as physicians, dieticians, OT/PT to meet patient care needs.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ambulatory care nursing experience
- Primary nursing or case management experience.
- Bachelor of science in Nursing (BSN).