Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Perioperative planning and preparation: Data collection is accomplished through diversified means such as interview, review of records or consultation with other members of the health care team. Current health status deviations and/or problems are identified. Preoperative diagnosis, common complications, and the operative pathology relating to specific surgical procedures are understood through fundamental knowledge of basic sciences and procedures applicable to the surgeons plan for surgical intervention. Surgical procedure manuals and/or cards that enumerate the surgeons preferences are current.
- Environmental safety and infection control: Wears required attire correctly. Selects and prepares necessary supplies and equipment. Checks all equipment for working order and reports or corrects unsafe conditions. Assures physical preparation fo clinical area i.e., damp dust and place furniture. Verifies integrity and sterility of sterile packages, opens supplies aseptically. Establishes and maintains a sterile field. Demonstrates correct body mechanics. Complies with policies, procedures and recommended practices pertaining to the use, care, and maintenance of supplies and equipment. Communication, coordination of Care & Orientation: Demonstrates skills in communicating with the patient and/or family/significant other. Cooperates and communicates effectively with other health care team members in order to accomplish unit workload. Establishes and maintains effective communication with supervisor.
- Proficient performance of assigned functions: Identifies break in sterile technique and corrects and/or reports same to proper health care team members. Display dexterity in the use of surgical instruments throughout the procedure. Prepares and knows the specific uses of all needed equipment and supplies. Continually maintains a neat and orderly sterile filed as dictated by the sequence of the procedure. Participates in counting procedures per established policy at the appropriate times during the surgical procedure.
- Teamwork: Interpersonal skills are measured by observation of behavior. Effectiveness of communication. Acceptance of criticism. Willingness to help others. Interpersonal relationships are characterized by trust, honesty, confidence, and respect. Meets expectations and job functions using effective communication with other health care team members. Shares pertinent patient data. Shares need for instrumentation etc. Seeks pertinent information in order to maintain high degree of efficiency. The Surgical Technologist recognizes limits of individual responsibility within the framework of their job description, while working toward mutual goals of the organization. The Surgical Technologist practitioner adheres to the AST Code of Ethics at all times in relationship to all members of the health care team. The Surgical Technologist possess a professional attitude that will promote responsibility as an individual an as a member of the health care team.
- Professional Development: Takes responsibility for his/her ongoing education and professional development. Identifies formal/informal opportunities and initiates activities to achieve said goals. Collaborates with unit manager or designee in completing self and colleague/team performance reviews. Adheres to KFHPW policies on attendance and punctuality. Participates in staff orientation and student activities. Applies the QA/I process to care delivery. Promotes and participates in professional meetings, conferences and groups in and outside of KFHPW in order to keep current in Surgical Technology. Passes both Competency requirements for clinical staff and unit specific competencies annually.
- Graduate of approved school of Surgical Technology or equivalent Hospital or Armed Forces training.
- Surgical Technologist Registration (Washington)
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Minimum two (2) years of current continuous O.R. experience in surgical specialty.
- Professional affiliation and certification is preferred by date of hire/transfer.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest