Survey Project Manager I
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Join the Survey Research Program (SRP) at KPWHRI! Our team conducts high quality survey research and data collection activities for scientific investigators at the Institute as well as outside organizations. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of survey research or recruitment projects for study teams – from survey project initiation to data delivery - ensuring high data quality and team satisfaction. This role is a hybrid position. Please complete the online application and upload a resume and cover letter.
- Project Planning, Implementation Quality Assurance: Create and maintain timelines, ensuring adherence to milestones, prioritizing study tasks, and reviewing progress. Attend and/or facilitate meetings. With appropriate guidance, develop study materials, recruitment procedures, data collection instruments and tracking systems. Oversee recruitment data collection. Develop/implement data quality procedures. Liaise across organizational departments to facilitate coordinated strategies to effectively implement research protocols. Create/maintain operational documentation. Continuously identify/implement process improvements to enhance team functioning. May champion key technical/operational needs to management.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage study budgets of low to medium complexity. Identify/forecast personnel and other resource requirements (including long-range forecasting across multiple budget years). Coordinate and/or approve labor distribution for staff charging effort to project. Assure timely submission of budget related items for grant and contract applications. Approve and reconcile project-related budget expenditures. Forecast expenditures, monitor spending, and identify discrepancies using available financial tools. Anticipate budget variances and, with guidance, implement corrective measures when indicated.
- Funding Regulatory Compliance: Prepare IRB applications, modifications, and annual continuation reports. Ensure compliance with IRB and HIPAA regulations. Ensure adherence to federal or other agency requirements. Prepare and maintain Data Use Agreements and other data compliance documentation. May monitor subcontracts to ensure compliance, under direction of PI. Under direction of PI, prepare and submit sections of study progress reports as needed.
- Communication, Supervision Leadership: Hire, train, and supervise project staff. Facilitate effective communication among study personnel, collaborators, and consultants. May serve as an active member of the unit and KPWHRI by participating in workgroups. Share best practices across the unit.
- Science Analysis: Assist in development, preparation and timely submission of new research proposals. Under direction of PI, assist with analyses, interpretation of data, and preparation of technical reports, manuscripts, posters, and/or presentations. May interact with programmers on the development of plans for ongoing programming activities.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct or matrix supervisory experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience managing sponsored research projects or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors degree.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills, with ability to relate to diverse multidisciplinary teams of scientists, analysts, clinicians, and project staff.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of research design and methodology.
- Working knowledge of federal reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with budget development and management.
- Able to read and interpret financial data.
- Relevant computer proficiency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to implement research protocols.
- One (1) year direct supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years of experience managing sponsored research projects or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Experience working as a project coordinator in a university or grant-funded nonprofit.
- Bachelors degree or higher in health sciences or health-related discipline.
- Quantitative skills including familiarity with basic statistical methods.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest