Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
Vice President , Continuum of Care - WA RegionLocation: Seattle, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 772833 Date posted: 02/11/2019
The VP of COC partners with the MD leader for COC to provide strategic direction and leadership in executing regional continuum of care programs, including the members- experience navigating touchpoints from Urgent Care, Ambulatory Surgery, Hospital (including plan and owned/operated hospital) through care management and post-acute care programs. The VP and MD Leader set the continuum-s vision of quality, safety and service standards across regional care teams and ensure broad integration and adoption of the standards for a seamless and exemplary member experience throughout the care continuum.
- Together with the MD partner(s), the VP of COC designs the vision for and leads team on the execution of a consistent, exemplary and optimized care experience across licensed areas of care, including urgent care, ambulatory surgery, hospital, care management services; and post-acute care services.
- Liaison with medical providers, purchasers, brokers, healthcare community, and contracted agencies and facilities to ensure seamless system integration for a flawless member experience.
- Develops multi-year strategies and targets and oversees implementation of initiatives and tactics to achieve those targets.
- Develops and establishes regular reporting interaction with Resource Management team to ensure alignment with divisional access and service goals and utilizes the Continuum-s quality, access and utilization data to hone and update Continuum of Care strategy.
- Engages with other regional and MD leaders to implement customer experience transformations and share best practices and among other regions- continuums of care.
- Allocates resources in department to align with the region-s strategic initiatives and business plan.
- Manages resources to drive growth and access initiatives and aligns with Internal Delivery System meets total medical PMPM goals, including External Delivery System expense goals, as defined jointly with the Health Plan-s Network Services and Care Management leaders.
- Leads strategies that promote growth and affordability.
- Negotiates improved contract and operational terms with strategic business partners.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of professional practice standards and compliance with accreditation/licensure requirements.
- Identify industry leading care continuum programs and operationalize the vision for new and burgeoning clusters of services within the care continuum - virtual care hubs, optimization of post-acute care and integration with primary care.
- Leads complex intra- and inter-departmental change management and improvement efforts associated with access, service, clinical quality and safety, staff engagement, practice efficiency and affordability goals.
- Develops and engages in intra- and inter-departmental initiatives that promote regional alignment and improve performance.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive management experience leading complex care or service organizations, demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and track record of generating revenue, systems thinker and creative problem solver, innovative, financial and business acumen
- Master-s degree required in health care administration, nursing, business, or related fields.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong financial acumen, in particular, experience managing profit and loss and in affordability development.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align strategies and recommendations with clinical operations objectives.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in ensuring processes and performance are in line with region, national and partner requirements.
- Proven experience developing a culture of customer service, operations, and care; models and upholds a member-first/customer service orientation.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to quickly build and maintain strong teams and relationships across diverse functions and leaders.
- Must have demonstrated effectiveness in managing and directing departmental operations and management/supervisory personnel in the acute care setting; a proven history of evaluating, training, and motivating performance; an ability to accomplish results through others; demonstrated skill in delegating effectively and establishing clear guidelines for accountability; and the capability to build consensus and provide strong leadership in a team environment, with the highest of professional and personal integrity
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Dec 14, 2018
"Respectable reward in a company with a vision"
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Kaiser has a vision for healthcare that is in practice as well as in theory all about delivering the best healthcare at the best possible price. It is more than just words, the company really strives to deliver on those goals.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.