Certified Professional Surgical Coder
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- This position is for surgical coding.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a healthcare setting with proficiency in medical terminology is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of coding experience is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of customer service experience is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of knowledge in coding practices is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements is required.
- Associate's degree in health administration, RHIT certification OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) is required.
- CPC, COC or CCS-P is required.
- New Hire:
- Successful completion of Assessment of Critical Coding Skills.
- 80% or higher passing score.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of physician, patient, patient account and personnel data is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal skills is required.
- Ability to effectively abstract medical information to determine the correct data is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Training/Education experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong data management skills including proficiency in MS Office applications is preferred.
- Ability to abstract and assign all codes to surgical procedures performed.
- Must be able to work with a variety of healthcare professionals at all levels.
- Ability to communicate with physicians and non-physician staff with a commitment to provide quality customer service.
- Working knowledge of medical specialties, including clinical conditions seen and procedures performed.