Chemotherapy Clinic Staff Nurse - 0.9FTE No Weekends or Holidays! Silverdale WASilverdale, Washington & Additional Locations
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Chemotherapy Clinic Staff Nurse - 0.9FTE No Weekends or Holidays! Silverdale WA
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide nursing care to a defined group of patients, adhering to Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington ambulatory Nursing Care Standards, the Nursing Code of Ethics and Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington policies. Coordinate and facilitate Health Care services for the patient in other segments of the Health Care delivery system. Provide and coordinate nursing care for the patient in collaboration with the Health Care team. The Registered Nurse is an integral member of the Health Care team, overseeing and participating in patient assessment and the formulation and implementation of the care plan.
- Using the nursing process, provides ongoing assessment of the nursing care needs of a defined group of patients. Uses nursing diagnosis to describe this assessment. Develops a written plan of care for patient care needs. Assists patients and families/significant others in developing health care goals which are part of the individualized plan of care. Determines priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources. Provides nursing interventions safely and competently. Provides the patient and family/significant others with information preceding interventions. Provides telephone consultation to patients and family/significant others Provides ongoing evaluation of the patients response to care. Anticipates and recognizes changes in the patients status and need for nursing care. Modifies the individual plan of care in collaboration with the health care team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and psychological effects of normal aging by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to meet the needs of those populations served. Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific age populations served. Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational programs related to those age-specific patient populations served (Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Geriatric). Collaborates, communicates and coordinates with other health care team members in planning and implementing care. Assesses the needs of designated patients requiring hospitalization; initiates nursing admission database and discharge planning in collaboration with inpatient staff and physician. Cooperates and communicates effectively with other team members in order to accomplish the workload.
- Communicates recognition of the patients and family/significant others psychosocial, cultural and emotional needs in each nurse-patient interaction. Orients patients and family/significant others to the role of the professional nurse and other health care team members, the nursing services available, and the means of access to those services. Reinforces orientation to the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. Identifies the patients educational needs as part of the nursing assessment. Develops an educational component for each nursing care plan. Provides teaching/counseling congruent with patients and family/significant others learning needs and the medical plan of care. Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical regimens. Teaching is based on scientific and behavioral knowledge.
- Assesses patient lifestyle risk factors. Integrates health promotion and preventive aspects of care with the ongoing assessment of nursing care needs. Works with patient to develop a plan to improve general health status. Implements physical and psychological preventive measures. Promotes patient self-care responsibility for meeting their own health needs. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards. Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control standards and guidelines, including the guidelines for reporting communicable diseases.
- Identifies own learning needs and participates in continued education programs to meet those needs. Participates in staff orientation and student education activities. Collaborates with managers in completing the process for self and colleague/team performance reviews. Assures quality of care through development, implementation and evaluation of professional nursing standards and participation in multidisciplinary quality assurance activities. Participates in professional activities. Participates in nursing research and incorporates research findings into nursing practice. Adheres to KFHPW personnel policies and maintains a high standard of professional work habits. Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ambulatory care nursing experience
- Primary nursing or case management experience.
- Bachelor of science in Nursing (BSN).
Washington Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J01|SEIU|SEIU RN/ANRP Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Silverdale Medical Center - Ambulatory Infusion Center - 1130 Pay Range: $34.81 - $53.18 / hour The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.