Emergency Services Technician (TPT)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assists nursing staff by performing designated duties related to patient care in a manner conducive to their safety, comfort, and welfare. Adheres to instructions given my the nursing/medical staff and performs only those duties as described in the EST skills list and in accordance with established standards. All care provided is documented per department standards. Demonstrates strong communication skills in dealing with staff and consumers, and projects a professional demeanor. Participates in classes and skills labs, continuing education, and current CPR certification.
- Assists nursing staff by performing designated duties related to patient care in a manner conducive to their safety, comfort, and welfare (obtains vital signs, EKGs, basic wound care, etc). Documents care in electronic medical record.
- Maintains supplies per department standards.
- Demonstrates good knowledge and practice in of sterile and isolation techniques.
- Assists with instructing patient in crutch walking.
- Applies splints and orthopedic appliances under the direction of the RN or practitioner. Functions as a phlebotomist as directed by the RN or practitioner.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in a emergency department or urgent care setting.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Medical Assistant Phlebotomist Certificate (Washington) within 4 months of hire AND Registered Medical Assistant (Washington) within 4 months of hire
- Interim Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) within 4 months of hire
- Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, visitors, and clinical staff.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge and skill in emergency services protocols, patient safety, and clinical standards.
- Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist credential or must complete training program and submit application within 90 days after hire.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in a emergency department or urgent care setting.
- EMT training.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest