LPN- Urgent Care (Per Diem Silverdale)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients in routine nursing situations, under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or licensed physician. In complex situations in which the patient is unstable or requires urgent or emergent care, the LPN functions under the direct supervision of the RN or licensed physician. The LPN is an integral member of the Health Care team, participating in patient assessment and the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the care plan.
- ASSESSMENT: Assists in the assessment of patient/consumer need for care and communicates with RN/MD providers appropriately and in a timely manner. Determines patient/consumer purpose for admission/visit. Collects data relevant to visit/admission, ongoing care as directed by standards/plan of care. Recognizes urgent/emergent situations and appropriately refers/manages. PLAN OF CARE: Contributes pertinent information to the plan of care and assists in monitoring care. Delivers nursing care as determined by plan or patient needs. Recommends modifications in plan of care as needed. Assist patients/families in self care activities. Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and psychological effects of normal aging by assessing and implementing care to meet the needs of populations served.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing interventions safely and competently and reports relevant findings to RN/MD in timely manner. Follows through and implements plan of care as directed; a) provides appropriate instruction to patient/consumer about routine health maintenance, normal/abnormal lab results, special procedures and follow-up care as directed; b) prepares and administers approved medications at the direction of the RN and upon order from MD, ARNP, or PA; c) performs treatments and assists with procedures as directed; d) competently performs skills/tasks as listed on LPN skills competency inventory. EVALUATION: Assists in evaluating patient/consumer response to care through communication and observation. Recommends modifications in plan of care to RN/MD/ARNP/PA based upon patient/consumer response.
- AGE SPECIFIC CARE: Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and psychological effects of normal aging by assessing and implementing care to meet the needs of those populations served. Reports appropriate age-specific assessment findings to the RN. Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific age populations served. COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION OF CARE: Communicates and cooperates with other health care team members in planning and implementing care. Reports appropriate age-specific assessment findings to the RN/MD/ARNP/PA. Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific age populations served.
- ORIENTATION: Orients patients/consumers to the health care team members, the services available, and the means of access to those services. Demonstrates an awareness of the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. Participates in the orientation of new consumers to KFHPWs policies and procedures. INSTRUCTION: Assists in the identification of educational needs and communicates to RN/MD in timely manner. Instructs patients/consumers according to the educational plan of care or appropriate educational materials. Encourages patient/consumer compliance with therapeutic nursing and medical regimens. PREVENTIVE CARE: Identifies patient/consumer risk factors. Utilizes available health education resources for preventive care. Reinforces the plan of care to improve general health status. Promotes patient/consumer self-care responsibility for meeting their own health needs.
- DOCUMENTATION: Records accurate and pertinent data on the medical record according to documentation guidelines. SAFETY/COMFORT: Provides a safe environment for each patient/consumer and adheres to KFHPW/facility/unit specific safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety hazardous waste, universal precautions, and CPR standards. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs. Identifies own learning needs related to those age-specific populations served and participates in appropriate educational programs. Participates in staff orientation and student education activities. Participates with managers and peers in completing the process for self and colleague/team performance reviews. Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with KFHPW dress code policy. Participates in activities related to QA/QI, work redesign, and cost-saving measures.
- Vocational certificate/degree from an accredited school program.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Practical Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Knowledge of electronic patient charting systems.
- Recent ambulatory care experience.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest