Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical Assistant - Primary Care Float (40 hours Silverdale)Location: Silverdale, WA Job Number: 957451 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Kaiser Permanente Washington serves over 700,000 members across the state of Washington and is growing! We believe that achieving total health for our members takes teamwork and we are looking for exceptional team members who thrive on delivering an exceptional experience for our members and patients. Kaiser Permanente Washington is recognized as a best place to work that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration, practices mentorship, and believes in a positive, healthy work environment.
Our Medical Assistants (MA) play a critical role and are key to our promise on delivering an exceptional patient experience. As an MA at Kaiser Permanente you will be part of a world class care team working with outstanding nurses, physicians, physicians assistants and nurse practitioners to provide the best care possible. Join us in our mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
- Collection of selected data about health status of the patient. Determines consumers purpose for visit, concerns and educational/physical needs. Checks and records consumers vital signs. Records pertinent data on the consumers medical record. Recognizes urgent/emergent situations and refers them in a timely fashion to physician or nurse. Participates with other health team members in the development of the nursing care plan. Contributes pertinent information to the nursing plan of care and passes it on to appropriate professional provider. Follows through and implements the nursing plan of care safely and completely according to role and team specifications. Documents accurate information in proper format.
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every encounter. Participates in the coordination and facilitation of care for the patient. Cooperates and communicates effectively with other team members in order to accomplish the workload. Recognizes and reports obvious psychosocial, cultural and/or emotional needs. Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose for visit. Instructs and orients patients and family/significant others to the health care team members, the services available, and the means of access to those services. Participates in the orientation of new consumers to KFHPWs policies and procedures. Demonstrates an awareness of the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
- According to the educational plan determined by the professional provider, provides instruction to the patient and family/significant others. Provides instruction that matches learning needs and the nursing plan of care. Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical regimens. Under the direction of the professional provider, provides the patient with preventive care information that matches his/her age, sex, and health status. Utilizes available health education resources. Reinforces the plan with patient to improve general health status.
- Accurately documents selected patient history observations and procedures. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards. Provides each patient a safe, comfortable, and private environment. Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for practice, for continued growth and self-evaluation. Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs. Participates in staff orientation and student education activities. Participates with managers in completing the process for self and colleague/team performance reviews. Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program prior to start date/transfer or equivalent Military experience with ability to obtain MA-I prior to start date.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Interim Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire OR Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire
- If hired as MA-I, must obtain MA-C prior to the expiration of the MA-I credential.
- Knowledge and skills listed on the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington Medical Assistant Competencies/Skills Inventory.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.