Medical Laboratory Technician
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Testing and Processing: Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing according to GH Laboratory procedures and encompassing pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases. Performs quality control and quality assurance activities, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Performs specimen processing.
- Computer Data Entry and Retrieval: Accessions specimens, enters results, retrieves information.
- Technical Resource: Resolves problems and answers technical questions. Serves as a frontline resource to the laboratorys customers. Assists in the review and updating of laboratory procedure manuals.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Participates in test method evaluations, validations and implementation. Performs EKGs phlebotomy. May oversee lab assistants and non-registered techs to assure appropriate pre-analytic specimen preparation and moderate or waived test performance. Instructs students and employees.
- Minimum one (1) year recent clinical laboratory experience as an MLT or recent graduation from an MLT Program.
- Associates degree in a laboratory science or meets qualifications in CLIA 493.1489, 493.1491.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Medical Lab Technician Certificate within 6 months of hire
- Basic computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Two (2) years of generalist experience as an MLT.
- Associates degree in MLT.
- Certified as an MLT preferred by date of hire/transfer.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.