Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Nurse Practitioner Oncology SilverdaleLocation: Silverdale, WA Job Number: 906061 Date posted: 10/08/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
ONCOLOGY EXPERIENCE AND AOCNS/OCN CERTIFICATION PREFERRED.
THIS IS FOR AN ARNP IN MEDICAL ONCOLOGY, ABILITY TO PERFORM OR ABILITY TO LEARN TO DO BONE MARROW BIOPSIES, REVIEW NEW REFERRALS TO MEDICAL ONCOLOGY, AND IDENTIFY THE APPROPRIATE DIAGNOSTIC TESTS AND SCANS NEEDED TO BEGIN ONCOLOGY TREATMENT PLANNING, POTENTIAL ROUNDING, AND INCIDENT TO COVERAGE FOR OIC.
FOLLOW UP ASSESSMENT WITH ONCOLOGY PATIENTS PRE- AND POST-TREATMENTS. ADJUSTMENT OF MEDICATION AND ORDERS RELATED TO SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT.
PARTICIPATING IN SHARED DECISION-MAKING DISCUSSION WITH A MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM, PATIENTS, AND FAMILY CARE SYSTEMS.
- Demonstrates current technical skills in all areas of practice. Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic judgment. Supports cooperative clinical initiatives. Seeks appropriate and timely consultations. Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills, pathways, etc. Practices according to KFHPW approved procedures, guidelines, protocols.
- Cooperates and treats co-workers with courtesy and respect. Shares pertinent patient information in a timely and thorough manner. Demonstrates flexibility; works within the team to help as needed. Demonstrates appropriate communication skills, both verbal and listening. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide appropriate care. Regularly attends and participates in practice team meetings.
- Treats patients with courtesy and respect. Demonstrates service excellence behaviors in teams and during consumer interactions. Participates in problem solving of consumer complaints. Actively participate in initiatives to increase patient access. Involves patient in management of care; is thorough in explanations and demonstrates caring and friendly attitude toward patients. Fulfills all duties as assigned by chief and department.
- Maintains a productive work schedule; meets department and organizational productivity guidelines. Identifies own learning needs and participates in continuing education programs to meet needs. Initial assessment and management of drop in-patients or patients who call and want to be seen urgently and who have previously been seen in the department. Makes appropriate and timely referrals. Admits to hospital appropriately and manages length of stay if applicable. Referrals to external providers are consistent with protocols.
- Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests appropriately. Routinely and appropriately uses technology provided by the organization to manage clinical practice and communicate effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., OACIS, results reporting, registries, Voicemail, Email) Understands KFHPW business and business environment. Actively works to solve problems/improve systems in constructive thorough manner. Focuses on customer needs and quality; actively encourage other to do so as well. Provides positive, constructive leadership for his/her care team and within dept.; enables and encourages others to participate and achieve high level of performance.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!