Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Psychiatric CounselorLocation: Simi Valley, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 822427 Date posted: 09/09/2019
- Under supervision and referring to and utilizing licensed staff for appropriate decisions when necessary conducts initial interviews with member by eliciting and understanding the psychological and social meaning of complaints, symptoms, current and past history, to determine the nature and urgency of member's need.
- Provides member with a professional understanding of his/her presentation, recommends a course of action such as beginning therapy or counseling, or a specific action plan that member can carry out without additional professional guidance or consultation.
- Provides clinical case management services to adults, adolescents and children; selects and uses appropriate treatment modality in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Renders appropriate immediate guidance and therapeutic services to help individuals and families cope with emotional crisis or psychiatric emergencies.
- Maintains a written record of therapy or counseling sessions; prepares reports and letters concerning patient; phones, writes and visits, with client's signed written permission, social agencies schools, relatives, friends, etc., to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides telephone counseling, resource information, and referral services.
- Participates in departmental/ locational project assignments and activities such as CQI activity and OD duty.
- Provides psycho-education for members in context of a prescribed treatment.
- One (1) year of supervised field experience in a clinical setting required.
- Master of Social Work degree OR Master's degree in a related Behavioral Health field from an accredited College or University setting.
- Comfortable teaching and facilitating groups.
- This position is an unlicensed psychiatric counselor in an outpatient setting performing tasks including but not limited to: case management, psychotherapy w/ individuals, families & groups, with patients of all ages; case management; behavioral health crisis services; triage/care navigation; intensive behavioral health outpatient services.
- This position works at all levels of care within an integrated behavioral health clinic for psychiatry & addiction services, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams in clinic & across the department w/ internal & external services, within KP Model of Care that includes TeleHealth (phone & video visits).
- Schedule may vary as needed Monday-Sunday anytime from 7am-9pm.
- Candidates must have flexibility to work as assigned for operational need.
- Please note that location may change, but will remain in the same service area.
- May be filled by LCSW or LMFT.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.