Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER - Stationary Service Area SupportLocation: South San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 851136 Date posted: 01/13/2020
The Biomedical Engineer plans, trains others, and installs, maintains and repairs sophisticated medical equipment and systems utilized in the diagnosis treatment and monitoring of patients.
- Perform pre-issue and asset accounting, equipment installation and de-installation of related equipment as needed.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance and electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment where applicable to maintain code compliance.
- Responsible for documenting the results of all inspections, maintenance and tests.
- Must work collaboratively with all other biomedical engineers specialties (Instrumentation, X-Ray, CT/MR, Diagnostic Ultrasound, Nuclear Med, Clinical Laboratory, RT/Anesthesia, Ophthalmology/Lasers, and Clinical Systems Integrations), KPIT, Business Partners, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) representatives.
- Individual is required to complete applicable documentation of all work performed, in a timely manner.
- Frequent travel will be required for the Shared Services/Support biomed engineers to provide service support.
- Occasional travel will be required for the Stationary Service Area Support biomed engineers to provide service support to other sites.
- All biomed engineers will be required to travel to attend technical training.
- Afterhours work may be required on a scheduled and nonscheduled basis to complete required work.
- Will be assigned to weekday and weekend on-call schedule to perform emergency service.
- Communication devices will be supplied and will need to be kept ON during duty hours.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience of formal and on the job training.
- Stationary Service Area Support:General Instrumentation - Must have a minimum four (4) years of service experience and formal training working on various Instruments used in a hospital environment to support patient care.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must have good driving record and maintain a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of the medical equipment and systems in general instrumentation or the specialty area assigned and identified above.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Must be proficient operating PC's with Windows operating systems.
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, physics or related science degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.