Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Imaging Technician Aide - Grade 180Location: South San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 858764 Date posted: 02/10/2020
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Designee.
- Interview patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department.
- Records information in patients' medical record.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department.
- Records lab values and other treatment documentation as required by the department.
- May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
- Performs computer data entry functions.
- Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department.
- Performs other related duties as necessary. Customer Service:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department. Anticipates the customer's needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
- Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and .functional work environment. Team Commitment:
- Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 6 months or successful completion of Kaiser externship.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- BLS required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.