The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Licensed Vocational Nurse I.V. - GI Outpatient Nursing - Grade 655Location: South San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 796194 Date posted: 06/11/2019
consistent with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect. This classification is for LVN-s working in a designated IV Therapy department.
- Leadership: Upholds Kaiser Permanente-s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibility, and applicable state, federal
and local laws.
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Identifies and supports new ideas.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors and orients others in skill and behavioral learning.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Prioritizes and delegates work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:Performs patient care activities, within the scope of competency, considering age-related needs of the patient as
- Reports unusual findings to the physician and/or Registered Nurse and contributes recommendations for revision to
the plan of care.
- Adheres to medical center standards, which customize care for age-related needs of the population served.
- Keeps health care team members informed regarding patients- responses to interventions.
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to develop individualized plan of care that reflects clinical
findings, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Monitors patients- progress based on the plan.
- Assures care meets standards of practice.
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to assure patient/family education.
- Documentation: Charting is legible, dated, and timed.
- Documentation reflects thorough data collection and care provided.
- Utilizes computer systems effectively and efficiently.
- Complies with Patient Safety Standards.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Discusses patient findings and progress toward outcomes with physicians, Registered Nurse, and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates competencies during the probationary period and ongoing by completion of departmental competency
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities, i.e., planning, and measuring/monitoring, assessing and improving.
- Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customer-s needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility
within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
- Facilitates the customer-s ability to utilize resources.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.