Nursing House Supervisor
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Manages the off-hours and weekend patient care activities. Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum.
- Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies educational opportunities.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget. Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor, quality improvement champion or other related leadership experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Minimum one (1) year of critical care or emergency department nursing experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• At least 6 months up to one year management experience.
• ICU of ED experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.