Supply Chain Technician (Call-in/On-Call)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager/Director and/or designee. Inventories, restocks, and distributes disposable medical supplies within Perioperative services, which includes replenishment in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Unit suites. Works the majority of the time preparing surgical carts for use in the medical center and/or medical office building. Will also maintain accuracy of supplies on facility procedure cards. Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures. Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Reviews operating room schedule in advance to ensure proper supply levels.
- Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures
- Inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment
- Rotate stock using FIFO (first-in-first-out) method of inventory management
- Fills requisitions from stock in storage areas
- Maintains stocking levels in the OR and ASU suites
- Inform staff on product conversions and substitutions.
- Work with Perioperative Cost Specialist, Procurement team, and service leads (nursing) to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained and supplies are ordered routinely.
- Escalate and solve supply issues with Supply Chain Manager, and involve clinicians when necessary.
- Maintain procedure cards (removing obsolete items, and updating cards during product conversions)
- Print supply forecast to prepare for future procedures
- Dons protective equipment when necessary
- Infection Control - Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, dress code, sterility assurance
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained electronically and manually
- Participates in all competency programs, attends meetings, and trainings when required.
- Adheres to all policies and protocols in the use of Healthconnect and OneLink Systems
- Ability to present information in one on one and small group situations
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to communicate and write effectively.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Required six (6) months experience managing supplies in a perioperative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing-this may be any one of the 3 or a combination of the 3 equaling six (6) months).
- Required six (6) months experience operating within a Supply Chain inventory management system.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Successful Completion of Blood borne Pathogens Awareness Training within 30 days of hire (KP Learn Module).
- Must Pass Computer Navigation Assessment.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest