Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Surgical Technician - Grade 630Location: South San Francisco, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 770264 Date posted: 02/20/2019
- Maintains equipment in good working order, inspecting and testing at least weekly.
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation.
- Coordinates configuration of equipment to provide ease of use.
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
- Checks instruments and equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to the start of the case.
- Assists with set up and use of equipment during procedures.
- Assist with allocation of equipment for procedures on a daily basis.
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves.
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves.
- Dons personal protective equipment when required.
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery.
- Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in promoting quality and safe patient care.
- Cleans operating room and assists in room turnover and washes and sterilizes equipment.
- Recommends use of equipment, purchase of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies.
- Assembles/compiles case carts with supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for the procedure.
- Performs related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum one (1) year of acute Operating Room experience within the past three (3) years OR graduation from an approved surgical technician program within the past year.
- Experience with minimal access, general, ENT, eyes, plastics, orthopedics, vascular, spines, urology, GYN. Podiatry and maxi facial surgeries. Include video, orthopedic equipment and all other needed equipment to do the above surgeries preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.