Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Maintains equipment in good working order, inspecting and testing at least weekly.
• Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation.
• Coordinates configuration of equipment to provide ease of use.
• Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
• Checks instruments and equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to the start of the case.
• Assists with set up and use of equipment during procedures.
• Assist with allocation of equipment for procedures on a daily basis.
• Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
• Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves.
• Aids team to don gowns and gloves.
• Dons personal protective equipment when required.
• Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
• Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
• Puts dressings on patient following surgery.
• Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in promoting quality and safe patient care.
• Cleans operating room and assists in room turnover and washes and sterilizes equipment.
• Recommends use of equipment, purchase of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies.
• Assembles/compiles case carts with supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for the procedure.
• Performs related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum one (1) year of acute Operating Room experience within the past three (3) years OR graduation from an approved surgical technician program within the past year.
- Experience with minimal access, general, ENT, eyes, plastics, orthopedics, vascular, spines, urology, GYN. Podiatry and maxi facial surgeries. Include video, orthopedic equipment and all other needed equipment to do the above surgeries preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.