Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Clinical Pharmacist - On Call, Springfield Medical CenterLocation: Springfield, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 706025 Date posted: 06/13/2018
Provides customer focused clinical pharmaceutical care which includes but is not restricted to primary care and anticoagulation services. Communicates with providers to influence optimal drug information to patients and health care providers. Participates in patient and provider educational programs to positively impact patient compliance and provider prescribing practices. Oversees and directs pharmacy technician staff in the execution of technical functions.
- Supports utilization management initiatives as assigned.
- Assesses clinical outcomes.
- Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to members enrolled in clinical pharmacy services including anticoagulation.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve.
- Critically analyzes drug literature and lay press to provide drug information to health professionals and members.
- Committed to cost-effective prescribing and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates clinical pharmacy knowledge and high motivation to seek continuing education to keep abreast of current drug therapies.
- Assesses the drug therapy needs of patients and monitors progress of therapy through interviews, physical assessment, patient education and clinical laboratory monitoring.
- Makes timely decisions about patient drug treatment modalities within guidelines and protocols and communicates regularly with heath care providers.
- Documents all clinical interventions using appropriate methods.
- Develops and participates in scholarly activities.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards as they relate to the assigned department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assures compliance to all regulatory rules and regulations specific to: Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA); State Board of Pharmacy; HIPAA.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical practical experience required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or school of pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy licensure in Virginia required upon hire, with licenses in the District of Columbia and Maryland required within 120 days of hire.
- Pharmacy Degree with clinical pharmacy residency training preferred.
- Computer literate with common word processing, spreadsheet and database computer software and applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.