Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist - Springfield Medical CenterLocation: Springfield, VA Additional Locations:
Fredericksburg Medical Offices 1201 Hospital Dr., 1201 Hospital Dr., Fredericksburg,Virginia, 22401
Largo Health Center 1221 Mercantile Ln., 1221 Mercantile Ln., Largo,Maryland, 20774
Towson Medical Center 1447 York Rd., 1447 York Rd., Lutherville,Maryland, 21093
Gaithersburg Medical Office 655 Watkins Mill Rd., 655 Watkins Mill Rd., Gaithersburg,Maryland, 20879
Tyson's Corner Medical Offices 8008 Westpark Dr., 8008 Westpark Dr., McLean,Virginia, 22102
South Baltimore Medical Office 1701 Twin Springs R, 1701 Twin Springs Rd., Halethorpe,Maryland, 21227
Capitol Hill Medical Office Building 700 2nd St., 700 2nd St. NE, Washington DC,Dist of Columbia, 20002 Job Number: 774120 Date posted: 03/12/2019
Develops, implements, and evaluates clinical pharmacy programs for patients, providers, and pharmacists. Maintains a clinical pharmacy practice to impact patients at risk for drug-related problems in area of expertise. Educates providers, pharmacists and other health care professionals. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Develops and maintains a clinical pharmacy practice that includes: Drug therapy consultations for members and healthcare providers; Participation in drug use initiatives and strategies to promote achieving targeted disease state goals and cost-effective prescribing; Provides continuing education and staff development inservices for pharmacists, physicians, and other health care providers; Provides drug information to health care providers and members; Critically reviews medical literature to provide updates on drug therapy; Documents all clinical interventions and drug information requests using appropriate providers; Demonstrated continued competency in specialty areas of pharmacy practice.
- Participates in local, regional and interregional committees as appropriate.
- Precepts pharmacy students and residents.
- Develops and participates in research activities.
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist for Drug Use Management- Specialty Drugs.
Travel from primary locations to other locations within the Mid-Atlantic region as required.
Outpatient staffing requirement up to 10 hours per week.
- Completion of one year residency related to practice area, or three years of clinical practice experience required.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacy licensure in Virginia required upon hire, with licenses in the District of Columbia and Marylandrequired within 120 days of hire.
- Board certification required (BCPS) within three years of employment.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a hospital-based setting preferred.
- Experience in Neurology a plus
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.