Realize the Potential Inside You
Work one-on-one with patients, family members, physicians, clinicians, and specialists to play an active role in the diagnostic and care delivery process. Leveraging the power of the latest technologies and advancements, you'll be supported and encouraged to realize your potential.
Mammography TechnologistLocation: Springfield, VA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 791762 Date posted: 04/18/2019
- Greets patient and explains mammographic procedure to patient.
- Reviews patient's medical history prior to performing mammographic procedure and confirms that patient has signed a contrast media consent form if needed.
- Takes x-ray exposures of patient following protocol for intensity of radiation and time of exposure.
- Processes film and inspects images to confirm that images meet requirements of radiologist.
- Maintains equipment and examination room, stores film, and keeps inventory of related supplies.
- Prepares patient files showing such information as patient's name, date of x-ray, referring physician, and number of exposures.
- Prepares and submits reports as by state and federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Candidate must have the flexibility to travel throughout the NOVA Mammo sites.
- One (1) year of experience as a Mammography Technologist OR registry eligible ARRT advanced certification in Mammography (must be obtained within 6 months of hire) WITH two (2) years of recent experience as a Radiological technologist with ARRT required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) education required.
- Specialized training in mammographic technology required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology required.
- CPR certification required.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, hear, speak, and see.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Certification as a mammographic technologist with the ARRT preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Imaging & Radiology Careers
Imaging & Radiology Careers
Do the best work of your career as you collaborate with colleagues and participate in continued learning and professional achievement opportunities. With a range of specialty areas in which to focus — from mammography to MRI, cardiac cath lab to ultrasound — and a variety of different scheduling options, there is plenty of room for you to grow — from technologist, to manager, and beyond — in our supportive environment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.