Central Pharmacy Technician II- 24 hrs, Sterling, VA
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Greets patients over the telephone, and other health care personnel in caring, helpful manner and initiates service transactions using proper forms and process.
- Refers all inquiries or issues regarding patientcare/consultation to pharmacist.
- By typing or computer entry, Inputs patient and prescription information to produce labels and to assist in prescription filling process.
- Matches prescriptions with labels. Selects proper drug and quantity to be dispensed, fills container, applies labels and presents completed product to pharmacist for checking.
- (May perform in hospital setting) As trained or qualified, Prepares adequate supply of medication for unit dose distribution.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Processes Clinic and Hospital Drug Requisitions. Receives, fills drug and medical supply requests. Checks stock levels per schedule. Removes outdated goods and replenishes to fixed levels.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Fills and updates unit dose cassettes per determined supply.
- Assists with and/or provides medication (checked by pharmacist), OTC product, or supplies to correct patient in helpful and caring manner. Refers all consultation function to pharmacist. Collects money if needed.
- (May perform in hospital setting) Picks-up and delivers medications and supplies to designated areas or persons per schedule (e.g. unit dose exchange, control substance, floor stock).
- Calculates price for prescriptions or order. Sells non-prescription drugs. Collects cash, check, or credit card payments for all collectible services. Verifies information is accurate on all checks. Assures valid authorization is received for all credit card payments. Validates checks and credit slips and issues receipts accordingly.
- Performs product verification under general supervision of pharmacist as a part of Tech check tech regulations
- Balances monies, checks, and credit card charge documents daily against cash register receipts. Reconciles any discrepancy. Prepares bank deposit.
- Gathers and computes data and information for variety of needs pertaining to health plan, non-plan, special and routine reports, studies, and statistics as necessary.
- Maintains accurate OTC charge schedules and price lists, adjusts changes.
- Orders routine bank supplies for cashiering area. Assures all equipment in cashiering area is operating in
- Performs other related duties as directed
- Monday through Friday: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Pharmacy Technician License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire
- Pharmacy Technician License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Pharmacy Technician License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability customer service, oral communication, multi-tasking, teamwork, and written communication.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Successful completion of an accredited Pharmacy technician program or US military program or OR (1) year of experience as Pharmacy Technician is preferred.