Pharmacy Clerk- 30 hrs, Sterling, VA- Evening Shift (4p-11pm)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Greets members in a courteous and caring manner. Answers telephone consistent with the service standards, requesting pharmacist's intervention when appropriate.
- Assists members by informing them of the status of their prescription in the filling process and answering basic benefit questions.
- Files filled prescriptions in pick up bins. Removes not picked up medications from the bins and processes them appropriately. Sorts and files prescription hard copies in readily retrievable form.
- Protects confidentiality of the patient's medical and drug profile from other members and personnel.
- Receives payment for prescription and over the counter medication and supply sales. Operates the cash register and issues receipts. Enters payment claims for third party cardholders where appropriate. Balances cash register drawers and -prepares bank deposits.
- Keeps pharmacy work areas clean and well stocked with supplies. Assists in restocking of drugs and medicines on pharmacy shelves.
- Assists in the shipping, handling, invoicing, and delivery of medications and supplies to medical facility departments, interdepartmental pharmacies or to patients.
- Assists with clerical duties related to the prescription refill and mail order processes where appropriate. This includes customer service and telecommunication, shipping and handling, etc. (Mail Order Pharmacy).
- Assists with clerical duties related to infusion therapy services where appropriate. This includes customer service and telecommunication, shipping and handling of IV medications and supplies, delivery arrangements, etc. (Home Infusion Pharmacy).
- Performs other related duties as directed.
• Mon 4p-11p; Tue,Wed,Thu 4p-10p; Fri 4p-9p
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable.
• Bending, lifting, stretching, repetitive hand and wrist motions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members and coworkers.
• Ability to operate a cash register.
• Basic keyboarding skills.
• Basic arithmetic skills.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Eligibility to enroll in formal pharmacy technician training, if desired.