Tech, VA Pharmacy II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Greets members over the telephone, verifies members eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
- Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
- Receives payment according to terms of members plan.
- Calls members to pick-up completed prescription and to support the transitional in care process.
- Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
- Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Pharmacy Technician License (Virginia) AND Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire AND Pharmacist Intern License (Virginia)
- Pharmacy Technician License (District of Columbia) within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of hospital computer systems.
- Working knowledge of hospital related medications.
- Data entry and spread sheet development.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.