Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Supervisor, Pharmacy System IntegrationLocation: Sterling, VA Job Number: 890597 Date posted: 01/15/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Directs and supports the work of the MAS Pharmacy integrated MCPS/KPHC team.
- Works collaboratively with and serves as the Pharmacy liaison with Medical Group, KPHC team and Clinical Pharmacy to determine future clinical content and decision support tool requirements.
- Directs and supports development and maintenance of Department Medication Preference lists, SmartSets, Medication AlternativeAlerts, Best Practice Alerts and other types of pharmacy clinical content for the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Participates in inter-regional content collaboration and information sharing.
- Directs and supports the resolution of pharmacy related clinical content and interface issues.
- Reviews and prioritizes pharmacy related release notes for upgrades and enhancements to the EMR.
- Directs and Supports the work related to the testing and validation of PIMS system releases.
- Develops/edits appropriate communications to end users (providers, pharmacy staff) as necessary for new medication management functionality in EMR.
- Provides oversight and supervision for the coordination of efforts with the Pharmacy Warehouse team for drug and allergy databases and formulary management within KPHC, including the Endeavor file load process, weekly EMFI loads and drug activation/deletion.
- Provides oversight for the bridges interface error monitoring, resolution and design/testing of needed interface changes.
- Prioritizes system related projects to align with Pharmacy department goals and initiatives to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Is liaison to pharmacy benefit team for formulary or other system related issues/projects.
- Develops and implements KPHC content to promote compliance to all regulatory rules and regulations specific to Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), State Boards of Pharmacy, HIPAA, Principles of Responsibility and the proper use of Kaiser Permanente personal computers and applications.
- Is KPHC pharmacy security template owner and reviews EMR system access requests for pharmacy employees and determine appropriate level of access based on job description.
- Interviews, selects, hires, orients, instructs, trains, counsels, evaluates, disciplines and terminates staff.
- Develops and communicates service, performance and quality assurance expectations and sets goals with staff which are consistent with department and regional goals and objectives; provides feedback and follow up.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in pharmacy clinical operations with two (2) years of experience in managing or coordinating systems and personnel required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical pharmacist experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience developing clinical content for automated medical records required.
- Pharm D Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed in the State of Maryland, Virginia, or District of Columbia as a Registered Pharmacist required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required to work with internal and external customers.
- Strong skills in personal computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database and graphics required.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience within a production environment, health care related strongly preferred.
- EPIC Ambulatory Application Coordinator certification preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.