Registered Dietitian I (Bilingual Spanish)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provide comprehensive nutritional care, which is customer focused and cost effective, while maintaining high quality service standards, to our members.
- Provide nutritional screening and assessment of patients for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized nutrition care plans based on patient's age, sex, diagnosis, cultural background, pain level, preferences, and religious practices.
- Conducts audits and/or menu reviews, and ensures patient menus or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements and physician's orders for individual patients to include size, age, gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, and religious practices.
- Develop meal plans to meet the member's lifestyle.
- Document in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities with the food service department to insure quality and accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product and is responsible for corrections and quality follow-up with manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, and follows the care and progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of high quality, cost effective food and clinical nutrition programs, policies and practices in the medical center and ensure compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of nutrition care, and service standards.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality, service and performance improvement processes related to the delivery of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure and service improvement goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits and participates in committees and meetings to receive and report information.
- Assist in compiling audit information and standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food and Clinical Nutrition Services staff or menu modifications and revision.
- Provide input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Quality Responsibilities: Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors, establish performance targets and goals.
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, and assists others to improve performance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides, Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Six (6) months of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
- If working in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), must have at least one year experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Bachelor's degree in food and/or nutritional science.
- Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registry (CDR) in good standing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical competencies based on Nutrition Care Standards of the American Dietetic Association, CDA and American Society for Partenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated collaboration and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- QBS Level II Spanish Required.