The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Clinical Operations Manager - Tacoma Specialty Services (Tacoma WA)Location: Tacoma, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 792785 Date posted: 05/14/2019
- Manages the daily operations of assigned clinical practice teams and services within a medical center to assure optimal delivery of safe, appropriate, accessible care and service.
- Support/facilitate coordination of workflow across medical, nursing, technical, ancillary and office staff.
- Collaborate and ensure effective communication with other leaders in the medical center to align operations and implement/monitor interdisciplinary change initiatives, workflow, quality and process improvements.
- Assures adequate staffing levels are in place to meet patient needs.
- Ensures assigned clinic teams are effectively assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care/service.
- Resolves service/care issues, UOs, including patient complaints, as they occur within assigned area.
- Manages within resources allocated.
- In collaboration with other medical center management colleagues, makes operational adjustments as needed to meet financial targets. Identifies care-related capital needs and oversees background research for requests.
- Actively involved with project management, space planning, maintenance of the facility, procurement of supplies, and contract services within assigned area.
- Implements complex change and improvements associated with access management, clinical quality, safety standards and service excellence.
- Assures the delivery of patient care that meets or exceeds clinical quality and safety standards.
- Trains and supports staff in delivering a consistent customer experience.
- Resolves patient complaints and unusual occurrences (UOs).
- Manages staff, including selection, training and development, performance management, recognition, discipline and termination.
- Supports all team members, including medical staff, in achieving performance expectations and standards.
- Supports a culture of excellent service and communication that positively influences staff engagement.
- Assures a safe, productive, and supportive work environment for all staff.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to GH policy/procedure, as well as, other compliance, regulatory, accreditation, and institutional requirements.
- Administers clinical policy and procedures, program within GH by assuring consistent practice and providing local oversight as needed.
- Oversees frontline staff to maintain clinical standards and practice in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Assures that staff within the care team are trained and know what is expected during and after an emergency.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.