Licensed Nurses & Physician Assistants
The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Liaison Nurse - $5,000 Sign On Bonus-PTLocation: Tacoma, WA Job Number: 952966 Date posted: 06/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Care Manager will work in 2 settings on a periodic rotating schedule, planning the discharges and follow up care for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington patients hospitalized at a nearby network facility and carrying a case load of patients in one of the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington medical centers. Some weekends and holidays are required, and scheduled days of the week are variable. Primary responsibility is to focus on achievement of optimal patient health care outcomes while ensuring appropriate utilization of health care resources. Working closely with primary care teams, specialty care teams and medical providers, the Liaison Nurse will establish a collaborative plan of care to assure adherence to the medical plan, improvement in functional status, and improved ability to self manage. Serves as the liaison across the internal KFHPW care continuum and between KFHPW and all externally contracted providers, facilities, and resources and provides feedback to the organization regarding the service and quality of contracted services. The Liaison Nurse collects data and provides input to leadership regarding issues or concerns related to utilization, cost, quality, service and care delivery to patients.
- Ensures patients referred to case management meet established case management criteria. Assess all patients referred for case management to determine physical, mental, financial, psychosocial status, utilizing comprehensive, standardized criteria to identify existing and potential needs. Develop patient centered case management plan based on assessments and including patient goals, objectives, and outcomes with specific time frames (long/short term). Evaluate ability and availability of designated caregiver(s) to provide patient support. Coordinate and implement interventions using evidence based guidelines. Recommend additional services to PCP as determined in the case management plan. Conduct ongoing assessment of progress against original goals. Continuously update needed services. Maintain ongoing communication with patient/family and care team. Acts as an advocate for patient care needs. Documents all responses of patient to case management interventions.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding the plan of care, variances in plan implementation, achieved outcomes or expected outcomes. Monitor and evaluate short and long term patient responses to therapeutic interventions and analyze patterns of variance from clinical information and outcomes. Recommend alternative settings for care based on health care needs and appropriate utilization of health care resources. Document interventions and interactions with patients or caregivers according to KFHPW and Care Management policy and procedure. Participate in the measurement of the effectiveness of the case management program.
- Directs and guides the plan of care to result in a seamless continuum of care. Facilitates as needed, referrals for home health care, long term care, hospice, and other care facilities or services. Participation in care conferences to provide problem solving for patients with complex care needs (limited basis). Collects needed data needed to evaluate the effects of care coordination on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, patient satisfaction and systems improvement. Understands and utilizes health plan requirements and patient benefits in making care management decisions. Assists patient to understand and comply with their medical treatment plan. Supports patient education and activation through referral to specific chronic illness classes, group visits or community resources.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent RN medical/surgical/ambulatory clinical experience required.
- Bachelors degree or bachelors of science.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Case Manager Certificate within 24 months of hire
- Effective, independent nursing judgment and skills, and use of evidence based clinical decision making criteria.
- Knowledge in management of chronic disease process, nursing process and collaborative care planning.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in effectively collaborating with care team members.
- Minimum two (2) years of RN experience in utilization review, ambulatory case management, care coordination or disease management.
- Bachelors of science in nursing.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.