Nurse Technician (TPT)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
**APC TAHOMA FLOAT POOL
Nurse Technicians provide nursing care and support to patients under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Nurse technicians are authorized to perform specific nursing functions within the limits of their education, up to their skill and knowledge. Nurse Techs can perform basic mobility and personal care needs in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Nurse Technicians will utilize their education to provide safe and preventative care that will increase in scope as they build their knowledge and skill based on current program curriculum.
- Provide Patient Care:
- Gather Information to provide care to patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting under supervision of RN, with documentation into Epic: Vitals signs, EKG, Fall Risk Assessment, Safe Patient handling, Ambulating, transportation of patients, Labeling and transport of specimens, Intake and Output documentation and Provide excellent patient experience.
- Maintain Work Environment:
- Aseptic technique using infection control principles, maintaining sterile field
- Universal precautions
- Stock Supplies
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures
- Instrument Cleaning
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment
- Patient Outreach:
- Population Health Management
- Clinical outreach
- Chart review and visit preparation
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Currently enrolled in Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science Degree program or Registered Nurse Associate Degree Program. Completed first clinical term, semester or quarter of nursing program.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Nursing Technician Registration (Washington) required at hire
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Basic Computer Navigation Skills
- Good Communication Skills and professional interpersonal skills
- Currently able to independently perform, or have performed in practice or simulation, that can be validated by your clinical nursing instructor listed below:
- Hand Hygiene
- Clean gloving
- Application of PPE
- Isolation Precautions
- Sharps disposal
- Fall Risk and Fall Prevention Strategies
- Bedmaking (Occupied and unoccupied)
- Personal Hygiene (Showering, bathing, oral care, peri care)
- Use of bedside commode
- Vital Signs (Heart Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood pressure, Temperature, Weight, Pulse Oximetry.
- Restraint Application & Monitoring Nonviolent.
- Mobilizing Patients (Mobility/Strength assessment).
- Gait Belt application & mobilization.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.