The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Visiting Nurse - Home Health RN (Per Diem) South Puget SoundLocation: Tacoma, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 781051 Date posted: 03/20/2019
- Provides nursing interventions requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, and initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Follows through the plan of care as developed to: provide appropriate instruction to patient/caregiver about health care, disease management and adjustment to illness; direct and supervise the care and services of LPN and HHA in the home setting; perform treatments; instruct patients/families in self care activities and home safety; and competently perform skills/tasks per plan of care. This includes pain and symptom management in the home.
- Performs skilled procedures to include injections, dressings, catheter insertion and care, colostomy and trachiotomy, central line IVcareand blood draws.
- Identifies educational needs.
- Instructs patient according to the plan of care.
- Provides care and case management with interdisciplinary team.
- Communicates and collaborates with other interdisplinary team members and with the patient family in planning and implementing care.
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the electronic medical record in a timely manner, according to documentation guidelines.
- Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety, hazardous waste, universal precautions, and CPR standards.
- Identifies own learning needs, including those related to age-specific populations and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs.
- Participates in the following: staff orientation; self and colleague/team performance reviews; and activities related to quality care and cost saving measures.
- Adheres to KFHPW personnel policies and maintains a high standard of professional work habits.
- Demonstrates an appearance consistent with KFHPW dress code policy.
- Assesses patient need for care and communicates with other health care providers appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Collects data relevant to visit throughout the duration of care.
- Develops and initiates the plan of care based on assessment.
- Communicates and collaborates with medical doctor(s) to establish plan of care.
- Evaluates patient response to care through timely assessment, communication and observation.
- Modifies plan of care through assessement based upon patient and care systems response.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.