Bilingual Pharmacy Technician II- 40 hrs, Camp Springs
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
• Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member's eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
• Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
• Receives payment according to terms of members' plan.
• Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
• Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
• Prepares intravenous prescriptions, topical ointments, and other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages.
• Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
• Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
• Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
• Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
• Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
• Orders and stocks drugs and supplies, assembles drugs and supplies for clinical departments, stocks crash carts, and performs other inventory duties.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable required.
• Active CPHT certification required. (Pharmacy students are exempted from the CPHT requirement where applicable).
• Bilingual applicant required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.