Celebrating Mind, Body and Smile
Join the team that's been practicing outstanding dental care in the Pacific Northwest for more than 40 years and see what a difference comprehensive, coordinated care can make.
Dental Hygienist - Tigard Dental OfficesLocation: Tigard, OR Additional Locations:
Beaverton Medical/Dental Offices 4855 SW Western A, 4855 SW Western Ave., Beaverton,Oregon, 97005
Aloha Dental Offices 17675 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy., 17675 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy., Aloha,Oregon, 97006
Walker Road Dental/Medical Offices, 12450 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton,Oregon, 97005
Tanasbourne Medical/Dental Offices 10315 NE Tanasb, 10315 NE Tanasbourne Dr., Hillsboro,Oregon, 97124 Job Number: 739884 Date posted: 10/11/2018
- Provide direct patient oral hygiene care for program members, including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, and/or therapeutic dental treatment restorative services.
- Data collection and documentation pertaining to patients' oral health in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Provide oral hygiene instruction and education.
- Maintain a work area appropriate to a clinical environment in compliance with environmental health and safety standards.
- Support other office functions during down time, ensuring a level of cooperation and positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program with a minimum of an associate's degree in applied science.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon OR Washington Dental Hygiene license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Local anesthesia endorsement (Oregon Dental Hygiene license only - this endorsement is included in the Washington State Dental Hygiene license) required upon hire/transfer.
- Alloy polishing credentials.*
- Denture relines credentials.*
- Place and finish restoration credentials.*
- Nitrous oxide credentials and equipment knowledge.*
- * Required by state of Washington.
- X-ray equipment - Daily.
- Ultrasonic scalers - Daily for deposit removal.
- Handpieces - Daily for polishing teeth and fillings.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Pit & fissure experience.
- Local anesthesia experience.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
About Dental Support Careers
Dental Support Careers
Kaiser Permanente Dental is unique to the Northwest and offers many locations in the Portland metro area, Salem, Eugene, Vancouver, and Longview. One of the largest group dental practices in the country, we share an organization-wide commitment to delivering individualized, proactive, and integrated care. Here you will find opportunities for dental support careers, including dental assistants and hygienists.
Are you a dentist? Learn more about opportunities for Dentists & Physicians.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.