Strength is Relative. Potential is Infinite.
Help your patients achieve their goals while realizing those of your own. Working alongside clinical experts and physicians, you'll have the freedom, resources, and support you need to develop innovative care plans and improve your patients' quality of life.
Rehabilitation Aide - Regional Rehab (Tualatin Medical Offices)Location: Tualatin, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 758776 Date posted: 01/09/2019
- Assists therapists in providing patient care per therapist instructions and parameters of state law.
- Greets and readies patients ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric for treatment.
- Assists in resolution of member concerns.
- Resolves appointment issues.
- Obtains needed equipment and prepares treatment area for patient care.
- Applies hot/cold packs, ice, and ultrasound for Physical therapist per therapist instruction, under supervision as defined by state law.
- Assists with gait and exercise as per therapist instructions and as allowable by state law.
- Assist with exercise groups as per therapist instruction and as allowable by state law.
- Assist with research in the development of class curriculum and evidence based practice.
- Operates and cleans equipment and maintains appropriate maintenance records/logs.
- Performs Clerical Duties.
- Fields telephone calls, takes messages, and makes reminder calls in accordance with HIPPA laws.
- Photocopies, types, faxes as assigned.
- Orders supplies as needed with Supervisor sign off.
- May include managing paper flow for TNS, traction, gym balls, NMES, etc.
- Collects data and develop Excel spreadsheets, Word documents or PowerPoint presentations as assigned.
- May enter equipment repair requests at Supervisors request.
- Contacts Environmental services to resolve linen/housekeeping issues.
- This position is not intended to replace or reduce the hours of a Patient Access Specialist or Registration Representative. Works as a team to ensure patient needs are being met.
- Complies with Departmental Safety precautions/procedures: PPD, CPR, safety training, uses safety precautions when assisting therapist in transferring patients, HIPPA, applies universal precautions, uses appropriate PPE, and principles of responsibility.
- Demonstrates time management skills by prioritizing duties and completing work in the allotted time frame.
- Responds to multiple therapists needs while staying on schedule.
- Seeks additional tasks when time allows.
- Arrives at work on time and leaves work on time while using TIME system appropriately.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- High School diploma.
- Enrolled in pre physical or occupational therapy course or equivalent job experience in a directly related field, i.e. rehab aide, or PT/OT aide.
- CPR certified upon hire.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer centric service.
- Proficient keyboard and computer skills to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of Universal Precautions, Infection control and HAZCOM guidelines preferred.
- Equipment operation skills preferred.
- Clerical skills preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, Physical/Occupational Therapy Modalities and Procedures preferred.
About Rehab Services Careers
Rehab Services Careers
In an effort to increase our collective knowledge and deliver higher-quality, more informed care, we encourage dialogue and collaboration across the care delivery spectrum. Our rehab department includes professionals in audiology, respiratory care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, and much more.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient opportunities, we also offer home health opportunities, affording you the chance to improve patient outcomes in the home care setting. With outstanding educational opportunities and modern equipment and technology, you'll actively participate in your patients' journey to wellness while continually elevating your own expertise.
Physical And Occupational Therapists
Kaiser Permanente offers full-time, part-time, per diem, and in-house registry opportunities in a variety of practice settings, including home health, inpatient, and outpatient. Additional opportunities include occupational therapist, physical therapist, and licensed physical therapist assistant.
At Kaiser Permanente, Respiratory Care Practitioners are an integral part of our respected health care team. They are responsible for developing patient treatment plans and have the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting and challenging areas from adult critical care to cardiology to high-risk delivery. Our Respiratory Care Practitioners have the advantage of computerized state-of-the-art equipment, including life support systems, arterial blood gas analyzers, and non-invasive monitors.
Kaiser Permanente's speech pathologists provide direct patient care to members with communication and swallowing disorders by evaluating, diagnosing, developing, and implementing therapy and treatment programs.
Our audiology professionals are a vital part of our rehab care team. They provide direction, counseling, and recommendations regarding the rehabilitation of hearing impaired patients.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.