The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN, Allergy (on-call) FloatLocation: Tualatin, OR Additional Locations:
Admin/Allergy Modular 10180 SE Sunnyside Rd., 10180 SE Sunnyside Rd., Clackamas,Oregon, 97015
Central Interstate Medical Offices 3600 N. Interst, 3600 N. Interstate Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97227
North Lancaster Medical Offices 2400 NE Lancaster, 2400 NE Lancaster Dr., Salem,Oregon, 97305
Orchards Medical Offices 7101 NE 137th Ave., 7101 NE 137th Ave., Orchards,Washington, 98662 Job Number: 778956 Date posted: 05/13/2019
The RN participates as a member of the health care team in delivering quality health care to patients, which supports KP's mission, vision and values. The RN provides a variety of nursing services both in person and by phone utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic needs of Health Plan members and other patients of the KP Health Care Program. He/she works under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to service and to socially relevant practice. Demonstrates behaviors that illustrate commitment to KP Promise (quality you can trust, caring with a personal touch, convenient and easy and affordable). Adheres to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral Guidelines.
- Demonstrates ethical and legal behavior in all professional activities. Acts as an advocate for individuals, groups and communities. Demonstrates accountability for own ethical behavior and for delegated actions. Demonstrates responsible and accountable behavior concerning own work schedule. Understands and supports KP policies, legal considerations and professional ethics. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and confidentiality policies.
- Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve and make decisions. Applies analytical reasoning, reflection and rational problem-solving skills, using verifiable information, and clinical judgment, in order to choose among alternative solutions to clinical problems. Fosters and uses innovative thinking to create alternative solutions. Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and utilize data to provide optimal nursing care.
- Understands and provides competent care to a diverse population. Uses knowledge of cultural differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs. Provides culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families and groups.
- Practices health care team building and leadership skills. Applies leadership skills to facilitate effective team functioning and operations of the module or department. Role models and facilitates change within the health care team to respond to health care and organizational needs. Directs, delegates and monitors quality of care delivered by the health care team and brings deviations to the attention of staff involved and Team Leader. Mentors new staff and assists with orientation and staff development needs. Collaborates with Team Leader and Manager in setting quality standards for nursing care and in the development of policies and procedures. Provides input to Team Leader and Manager about the job performance of other RNs, LPNs and unlicensed personnel in the health care team. Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Participates in population-based care activities. Participates in out reach and in reach activities to meet clinical targets. Effectively identifies needs and provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel population, individual patient and family. Assists individuals and groups to learn self-management skills that promote and protect health. Develops teaching plans for individuals and groups related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrates technological literacy in using computerized information systems. Accesses, evaluates and uses data and information from a wide range of resources. Demonstrates effective use of computer-based information and practice management systems for decision support, provision of care, continuous quality improvement and professional development. Provides input to the development of information systems that impact the provision of patient care. Facilitates the members' use of health care technologies.
- Participates in ongoing continuing education activities and shares knowledge with other health care team members. Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning that advances professional nursing practice. Demonstrates ability to identify own learning needs. Actively works to address personal and professional growth needs. Serves as resource, mentor and role model for other members of the health care team.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience in acute care or ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years.
- Experience providing education to adult and pediatric patients.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Primary Care Assignments: Must obtain and maintain PEARS certification within 6 months of hire/transfer unless excluded per
- Understanding of allergy, asthma, urticaria and immunology in adult and pediatric patients.
- Knowledge of various types of allergy and asthma medications.
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
- Minimum two (2) years of direct experience working in an allergy and asthma clinic.
- Previous experience with population care/case management, triage and advice.
- Current or future bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.
- Certified Asthma Educator.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.